- A neighborhood planning meeting attended by over 50 folk at The Grand.
- An announcement that yet another building (M. Fine) will be undergoing a renovation and adaptive reuse.
And at the same time the New Albany Historic Preservation Commission (during a marathon 3 hour 45 minute meeting):
- Approves plans for the restoration of three storefronts on Pearl Street between Main and Market.
- Reviews and approves exterior design of Scribner Place YMCA and Aquatic Center.
- Announces plans to seek Preserve America designation (http://www.preserveamerica.gov/) opening up a new grant funding source and bringing national attention to the heritage and cultural assets of New Albany.
Anyway you look at it - that’s a pretty darn good day for the city of New Albany.
Artist rendering of storefronts to be restored on Pearl Street -
Submitted by property owner Stephen J. Beardsley