New Albany Historic Home Tour
Saturday, September 9th
10:00am – 5pm
*Tour begins at the Farmers Market – corner of Market and Bank Streets where you'll pick up your tour book and begin a self-guided tour of New Albany.
See www.NewAlbanyPreservation.com for ticket purchase information or buy your ticket the day of the event - $15 – at the Farmers Market
There have been numerous home tours in New Albany in past years. Why is this one different?
This will be the first home tour to highlight homes in all four of New Albany’s local historic districts – Cedar Bough Place, Downtown, East Spring Street and Mansion Row. It will be a rambling tour through out the city (see the map in the "News" section at www.NewAlbanyPreservation.com).
You’ll see a little bit of everything – from humble cottages to massive mansions. The full list is below:
1. Scribner House – corner of State and East Main Streets
2. Elsby Building – corner of Pearl and Spring Streets
3. German Methodist Church, 418 East Spring Street
4. Sloan-Bicknell-Paris House, 600 East Main Street
5. Culbertson Mansion State Historic Site, 916 East Main Street
6. Michael C. Kerr House, 1109 East Main Street
7. Gillenwater House, 1320 East Market Street
8. Herter-Brewer-Sanders House, 920 East Spring Street
9. Vernia-Smith-Harshfield House, 1116 East Elm Street
10. Potts House, 1219 East Elm Street
11. Kiel-Egan House, 836 Cedar Bough Place
12. Coleman-Guthrie-Fulmore House, 838 Cedar Bough Place
There’s something for everyone on this list. And of course gardens at some of the homes will be featured as well.
Ultimately, a home tour is a great way to get the word out about a neighborhood. It’s all about marketing – and Develop New Albany and the New Albany Historic Preservation Commission strongly believe a home tour will help improve and preserve our neighborhoods.
Twelve homeowners feel the same way and have graciously allowed their homes to be invaded for seven hours on Saturday, September 9th.
So buy a ticket, tell a friend and spread the word at your workplace. This is our chance to market ourselves and show off for a day.
P.S. – if you are interested in volunteering 2 to 3 hours of your time to be a house greeter and provide security at a home, please contact us directly at hometourNA@msn.com.