Saturday, December 29, 2007

A New Year and a New Look – Farewell to an Extreme Year

I’ve been making a few format changes recently and will continue to make more. The menu down the right side of the site will have links to older posts that I enjoyed. Links to other websites have also been updated. Suggestions are welcome.

Farewell 2007

What a strange year it has been. I must admit that I’ll not miss it one bit. Elections have come and gone. Great progress on my house restoration. My new roof leaking like a son of a b#tch. Lawsuits. Silvercrest saved. The Daisy Medical Building saved. Another county landmark (the County Annex) whose days are numbered. Losing the Bistro. Gaining a Winery downtown and Scribner Place on the rise. The Ritter house gets a healthy grant from Caesars. Vandals destroy windows at the Ritter house, twice. Greenway progress. Punks breaking the glass of the sidewalk lighting. Heat and drought. Massive amounts of rain.

A year of extremes indeed.

However, there’s reason for optimism for 2008. I’m looking forward to a year of focus, collaboration and moving forward for New Albany.

Happy New Year

4 comments:

Ceece said...

same to you.

btw adam got some cigars and a gift cert to Sportstime for Christmas so he's ready for some wii.

Ann said...

Looks good, Ted. Hope you're feeling better.

I reread the 'Ira vs. Myra' story over Christmas break. I hope you plan to write more historic New Albany documentaries this year.

TedF said...

It sounds like Adam has his priorities set for 2008 – cigars and good beer. The Wii is now in the custody of a gaggle of squealing nieces and its return date is unknown :(

TedF said...

Ann - I'm feeling much better. This stomach bug floating around is a nasty one. I do hope to do some more writing this year. As always, it's a time thing.